Company: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This position will handle a wide variety of situations and
tasks, involving the clerical and administrative functions of the
office. This position will prepare and route correspondence
including letters, presentations, memos and reports. This position
will have a wide familiarity of all company policies, practices and
procedures. This position will demonstrate a wide degree of
creativity and latitude in accomplishing all tasks while focusing
on delivering "World Class" customer service.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Assistant as well
as top tier executives as needed, including but not limited to the
processing of letters and correspondence, assistance in planning of
events and meetings, report generation, as well as the completion
of specially assigned projects.
- Responsible for gathering receipts and preparing expense
reports using the Oracle iExpense Tool for executive level
- Assist in the planning and creation of the company
- Proof-read material for grammar, spelling and
- Assist in the planning of office activities and
- Assist with coordinating travel for executives, as assigned by
the Executive Assistant.
- Assist with all housekeeping duties, as needed.
- Provide backup to the reception desk if needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate via the telephone while
demonstrating world class customer service.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM with no errors.
- Proficiency level or Advanced Skill with Microsoft Windows
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) environment.
- Must possess excellent writing and grammar skills required to
compose professional letters, memorandums, email and other written
communications to all level of the business and to outside business
- Able to communicate with the public in a professional and
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal
instructions in English.
- Perform quality work efficiently with minimal
- Able to sit in one place and/or perform work at a computer for
two-hour intervals a minimum of eight hours per day.
- Able to bend, squat, walk, and climb stairs.
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including some
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a plus but not
Physical Activities Required to Performing Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required
regularly to perform customer care, production, and
environmental/safety responsibility functions.
High school level office technology courses; minimum five years
experience as secretary or administrative assistant.
Excellent typing skills, (both speed and accuracy) primarily with
MS Office applications, some typewriter; transcriber, calculator
competency; excellent oral and written communication skills;
initiative and self-motivation to implement ideas to accomplish
smooth work flow; ability to determine priorities when dealing with
a number of conflicting demands; high degree of integrity,
diplomacy and confidentiality; professional telephone manners and
interpersonal skills. Ability to understand and carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form and to
deal with problems involving several specific variables in or from
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada
applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all
U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or
any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This
applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry,
veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or any other protected status under local,
state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., Macon , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!