ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ADVANCED ELECTRONIC WARFARE - WARNER ROBINS, GEORGIA
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Who We Are:The Advanced Electronic Warfare Department serves
aerospace and defense communities with a wide array of capabilities
and expertise for life-cycle support of avionics and electronic
warfare systems, software and hardware development, systems
engineering, integration, test, and evaluation.Objectives of this
- Support multi-disciplinary software, hardware and firmware
development teams involved in designing, implementing, testing, and
documenting embedded software/hardware applications focusing
primarily in embedded electronic warfare (EW) systems and
associated test systems.
- Perform hardware/firmware/software design, development,
integration, and testing for applications in specialized radio
frequency (RF) and EW programs.
- Perform integration activities for a multitude of host systems,
such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated
systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive
simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
- Perform as a member of a high-performing multi-site team
frequently interfacing with clients, inter-organizational and
outside customer interactions.Daily and Monthly
- Perform development of requirements, design, build, and testing
of engineering hardware, software and firmware systems for legacy
EW weapon systems and advanced technology EW platforms.
- Perform development of embedded architectures, single board
computers, hardware and software in the loop implementation and
testing, and aircraft mission systems.
- Perform research and development of embedded systems in signal
processing, telecommunications, machine learning, and RF/EW
- Interact directly with project team, project management, and
technical customer to fully understand the task objectives, and
successfully meet or exceed quality, cost, and schedule goals.
- Perform laboratory testing, field testing, and troubleshooting
of system performance and system effectiveness.Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering
and/or Computer Engineering
- Current active secret security clearance is preferred
- 0-5 years: Experience or courses in software engineering,
electronics, circuit design/test, signal processing, object
oriented architectures, and object oriented design is required
- 0-5 years: Experience in EW, automatic test equipment, ATLAS,
Basic, Fortran, LabView, C++, C#, MATLAB, machine learning,
artificial intelligence, data analytics, firmware, FPGA
programming, data links and comms, open mission system
architectures, RTOS and PC development highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team,
exercise judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and
demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, Macon , ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ADVANCED ELECTRONIC WARFARE - WARNER ROBINS, GEORGIA, Engineering , Centerville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!