Heavy Equipment Diesel Field Service Technician - Mechanic
Company: Yancey Bros.
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0197 Title Heavy Equipment Diesel Field
Service Technician - Mechanic City Macon State GA DescriptionJob
Title: Heavy Equipment Diesel Field Service Technician -
Location: Yancey Bros. Co., Macon, GA 31216
Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly
served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia,
providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and
service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact
construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to
learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support
to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our
greatest asset---our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Heavy Equipment Diesel Field Service Technician - Mechanic,
you will be troubleshooting, diagnosing and performing standard
mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs on
customer's equipment in the field. Candidates must furnish
own tools, be able to operate industry associated heavy equipment,
and complete all assigned work in an accurate and timely
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical
deficiencies on Heavy Equipment. Source and order parts as
- Determine extend of necessary repairs including identifying
major powertrain overhaul needs and prepare orders for required
- Proper use of diagnostic equipment.
- Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines
hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems,
drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material
handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts,
equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Complete all work orders (including warranty information) and
time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary
licenses and certificates.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality
standards and safety procedures.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Maintain service vehicle inspection records, daily inspections
and driver logs as required by the Department of
- Must keep truck and equipment clean and presenting the best
impression possible to the public.
- Photograph equipment when necessary.
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe
- Maintain safe driving record.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
RequirementsWho We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong
mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position
and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of
urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The
to take direction and work with minimal supervision is required for
this position as well.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and
mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test
equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic
components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose,
adjust, and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written
instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals;
work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and
all required records.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information
from schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical
procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Basic computer skills (Windows based programs and email).
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record according to
- Skilled in basic computer application programs
- Course work from accredited trade school, college or university
with emphasis in mechanics, hydraulics, and automotive electronics
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team
who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers
above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect
for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the
benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving
our customers' experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold
ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros Co offers a full benefits package that includes
aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full
medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs,
paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Compensation: $38,000 - $125,000 per year, contingent upon
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Keywords: Yancey Bros., Macon , Heavy Equipment Diesel Field Service Technician - Mechanic, Engineering , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!