Manager, Continuous Improvement
Company: Five Below
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Manager, Continuous Improvement
At Five Below our growth is a result of the people who embrace our
purpose: We know life is way better when you are free to Let Go &
Have Fun in an amazing experience, filled with unlimited
possibilities, priced so low, you can always say yes to the newest,
coolest stuff! Just ask any of our over 17,000 associates who work
at Five Below and they ll tell you there s no other place like it.
It all starts with our purpose and then, The Five Below Way, which
is our values and behaviors that each and every associate believes
It s all about culture at Five Below, making this a place that can
inspire you as much as you inspire us with big ideas, super energy,
passion, and the ability to make the workplace a WOW place!
As a key member of the Supply Chain Solutions Design team, the
Manager of Continuous Improvement serves as a critical piece of our
continuous improvement culture. This role is responsible for
partnering with cross-functional project teams to identify, define,
design, implement and sustain continuous improvement efforts. The
CI Manager is an important thought leader, functioning as a subject
matter expert within our distribution network. This member of our
team will be expected to leverage business knowledge to assess the
health of processes through the development, publication and
monitoring of KPI and execution of root cause analysis efforts to
address and correct performance gaps, as needed.
This role will also support the ShipCenter Labor Management
program, regularly reviewing results with the local Operations and
HR teams and performing time motion capture of floor processes to
validate labor standard credits as needed.
- Collaborate with operations and support teams to ensure our
continuous improvement culture and tools are consistently applied
- Leverage continuous improvement tools and methodologies to
deliver initiatives that reduce overall costs to the
- Organize, lead, and facilitate cross-functional project and/or
kaizen teams responsible for improving processes at the site
- Partner with operations leaders, industrial engineers and
support resources to identify, prioritize, implement and sustain
- Support the delivery of strategic business goals such as cost
of fulfillment, quality of delivery, cost savings, process
innovation and transformation.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) in terms of both
process/systems knowledge and the ability to train and educate our
- Monitor business KPI and lead root cause analysis workstreams
to proactively identify gaps in performance to goal and implement
corrective actions as needed.
- Work with operations and support teams to ensure that work
instructions, standard work and training materials are updated as
processes are improved.
- Manage the portfolio of local continuous improvement efforts,
regularly providing updates to senior leadership and ensuring all
works is on time and on budget.
- Partner with finance and operations to document savings related
to process improvement activities, including follow-up to ensure
- Communicate continuous improvement status updates to senior
leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop business cases and ROI analyses to justify and
prioritize proposed initiatives, supporting the operations teams in
the quantification of impact.
- Drive a highly engaged and evolving culture of continuous
improvement and operational excellence.
- Deliver on-time, on-budget results through the application of
project management methodologies and principals to align resources
- Scale-up and standardize best practices across the distribution
network, becoming a trusted partner and leader of process reviews
with the ability to align differing opinions on a single
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes and
methods for labor forecasting, staffing, modeling performance
reporting and tracking, and other ad-hoc reporting as required to
support distribution center labor management.
- Assist in the development, implementation and sustainment of
engineered labor standards for multi-variable distribution
operations through the use of time motion study capture.
- Train managers/supervisors on the use and maintenance of the
labor reporting system/engineered standards.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement leader with 3 years
progressive experience in a warehouse and/or distribution
- Ability to influence decision making at all levels within the
organization, considering conflicting points of view while aligning
the team around a single agreed upon outcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to present to and connect with varying audiences from
hourly crew members up to and beyond senior leadership.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, low structure environment;
preference towards building solutions versus operating within an
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft suite of software
including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and 365 Applications (Teams,
- Strong time management skills and capability to work
autonomously with little to no detailed direction outside of
general goals and strategies.
- Ability to think critically and quantitatively, developing
mathematical models to determine cost, service and impact.
- Bachelor s Degree in supply chain or related field
- Certified lean/six sigma green belt or black belt
- Certified PMP practitioner
- Familiarity with Agile project management
- Working knowledge of a WMS (Manhattan Associates WMOS
- Working knowledge of a LMS (Manhattan Associates LMS
- Experience working with a labor management program leveraging
engineered labor standards
- Must be flexible with work hours
- This position is not eligible for remote work.
- The role is expected to work out of the Forsythe, GA
- Travel will be based upon specific project needs, estimated at
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Five Below, Macon , Manager, Continuous Improvement, Executive , Forsyth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!