Registered Nurse - Post Surgical Care (Acute Care) - FT
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Registered
Nurse to join our post surgical nursing team! The unit is a 15 bed
post surgical care unit featuring all private rooms, is telemetry
capable, and treats predominately adult and geriatric patients with
surgical/medical conditions. Relocation assistance and/or retention
based sign-on bonus are negotiable for applicants with strong
Summary: Provides patient care using the nursing process of
assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, teaching and
supervision. Demonstrates professional growth and development. Uses
good judgment. Utilizes patient care supplies/equipment in a
fiscally responsible manner. Exhibits positive interpersonal
skills. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will
promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and
adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint
Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
The Registered Nurse performs the following essential
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using
knowledge, skills, judgment, and decision making skills for the
specific area and patient population.
- Delivers patient care utilizing standardized evidenced based
guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel,
services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates, and takes appropriate action regarding
results of diagnostic tests.
- Administers medications according to Health System policy.
- Performs and documents a standardized nursing assessment in a
systematic, organized and continuous manner to identify and
prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Develops a nursing diagnosis and a plan of care including goals
and prioritized activities based on data collected.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on
interdisciplinary plan of care, and makes revisions as appropriate.
Develops and implements an education plan in collaboration with
patient and family.
- Documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows all infection
- Effectively carries out charge nurse role when assigned.
- Delegate or assign activities to unlicensed assistive personnel
(UAP) after verifying the UAP has the necessary knowledge and
skills to perform the assignment and the care and/or activities do
not require complex observations or critical decisions. Supervises
the care provided by UAP.
- Seeks educational resources and learning experiences to enhance
and maintain current knowledge and skills appropriate to the
nurse's area of practice. Demonstrates professional growth and
- Communicates, collaborates, and functions with other members of
the health team to provide optimum care.
- Participates in the periodic review and evaluation of the
quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
The ideal RN candidate should possess the following minimal
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
Nursing Program. BSN preferred.
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Georgia
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of
nursing in Georgia.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification is
required. CCU/SICU/PCCU/ECC and PACU: ACLS required within 6 months
of hire. Maternity Area: NRP (within 6 months of hire), ACLS
(within 1 year of hire), Fetal Monitoring (within 6 months of
- Uses good judgment. Exhibits positive interpersonal skills.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health
System will promote service excellence by developing and
maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team
members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality
of care by performing their responsibilities according to the
highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA:
Job Type: .90
Hours: All Shifts
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Macon , Registered Nurse - Post Surgical Care (Acute Care) - FT, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!