Backfill for Lab Tech
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com. Macon lies near the state's
geographic center, about 85 miles (137 km) southeast of Atlanta,
hence the city's nickname, 'The Heart of Georgia.' Macon has an
estimated population of 153,159. Macon is served by three
interstate highways: I-16 (connecting the city to Savannah and
coastal Georgia), I-75 (connecting the city with Atlanta to the
north and Valdosta to the south), and I-475 (a city bypass highway.
Macon is The Cherry Blossom Capital Of The World. The Ocmulgee
National Monument is located in Macon, it has large Native American
earthen mounds from around 1000 A.D., and its museum displays
artifacts spanning thousands of years. Macon also has the Tubman
Museum that exhibits African-American art, history, and culture,
including a giant mural and the Inventors Gallery. Macon's musical
roots are deep. Macon is also home to the former Capricorn Records,
the music label that initially signed the Allman Brothers Band.
Little Richard also has a history in Macon, and fans can visit the
Tic Toc Room (now an upscale restaurant) where he used to perform
in downtown Macon. Macon is Not Too Big And Not Too Small. We're
Just Right As the fourth-largest city in Georgia, Macon has plenty
to offer but doesn't have the congestion and pollution that larger
cities have. Traffic is never too bad, restaurants are never too
crowded, and it's still a town where people will stop to talk on
the street or wave from their cars. The Macon plant was built in
1967. It manufactures egg cartons, lunch trays, and shake trays.
The Macon plant has approximately 218 employees. Macon was awarded
World-Class Safety in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Macon also
received the Operational Performance Plant of the year in 2015 and
2016 and Food Plant of the Year in 2016. The Macon plant has
recently reached out to the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank and
will be collecting canned and dried goods for the less fortunate.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression,
marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses
protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like
to request an accommodation, please call or email . All information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and
applicable laws. Responsibilities Hiring Immediately! Job Summary:
Perform various quality tests to ensure product meets customer need
and regulatory requirements and that the manufacturing process is
within prescribed limits. Job Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring process for changes in conditions
and raw material.
- Perform process test on incoming raw material. Check pH levels,
freeness, and ash.
- Monitor effluent discharge of the plant. (Process used
- Perform quality check on in-process products. (UPC scanning,
correct print, bundle size and weight, hinges, tint, moisture,
denesting of filler flats)
- Monitors overall quality of product on shift.
- Monitors and record test results.
- Communicates changes in operating conditions to supervisors on
- Must be able to work with chemicals.
- Removes all supplies from work area not required.
- Informs supervisor of any problems encountered on shift.
Demonstrated self-compliance with company policies and
- Demonstrated self-compliance with company policies and
- Ensures excellent housekeeping standards to maintain a safe
- Maintain safety record to conform to plant goals.
- Maintain attendance record to confirm to plant attendance
- Ensures a smooth transition at shift change.
- Immediately addresses safety issues or hazards.
- Follows established break schedule.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements: Candidate
- Must have applied understanding of basic math, algebra and a
working knowledge of the metric system.
- Must be physically capable of performing essential job duties.
(Standing approximately 10 hours per shift and lifting 30-50 pounds
on a regular basis)
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule in an
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends,
holidays and overtime.
- Must be a fulltime regular employee at Pactiv.
- Must have completed the orientation period.
- 2+ years of related manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven communication skills (both written and verbal), computer
skills, good organization skills, and a passion for teaching.
- Must be able to work well and effectively with others
- Maintain a safe, clean work area, and follow all established
safety rules and standard operating procedures.
- Must have no Step 2 discipline on file in the last six
- Must have a good attendance record, below five attendance
- Works overtime as required.Experience:
- Working knowledge of computer spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of wet end and dry end Skills:
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work safely and to communicate with others in a
professional manner.'IND1P' #CB1
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Macon , Backfill for Lab Tech, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!