Registered Nurse - Skin Integrity Coordinator
Posted on: November 19, 2021
DescriptionSign-On Bonus $ 10,000 - -JOB PURPOSE: - - -The Skin
Integrity Coordinator is responsible for the skin and wound care
program throughout the healthcare center. This position is under
the immediate supervision of the Director of Health Services and
performs all professional duties as outlined in the corporate Skin
Management Program. - - -KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Chairperson of Skin Care Team. Oversees the skin and wound
documentation in patient/resident's medical record.
- Instructs, educates, and trains staff in wound care and
incontinence programs to prevent skin breakdown, heal existing
wounds, and maintains patient/resident's comfort. Provides training
for new partners during orientation.
- Collaborates with physician and/or nurses regarding
recommendations for wound and skin care following the company's
- Performs wound care and/or treatments following physician
orders using aseptic or sterile technique following orders and
- Uses universal precautions and maintain infection control
standards when performing treatments and disposing of soiled
dressings. Provides patient/resident privacy when performing
- Oversees assessment of all patients/residents with wounds for
needed pain management during wound or dressing; identification of
need will be reported to the healthcare center Pain Management
- Follows up on all reported skin conditions to determine need
for treatment and contracts physician for treatment orders, if
needed. Documents in treatment book and medical record as
- Keeps treatment cart clean, locked, and with adequate stock
levels. Orders wound care supplies in a timely manner to maintain
adequate levels. Reports concerns related to maintenance of
treatment caret or stock levels to DHS.
- Monitors pressure redistribution devices for proper working
condition. Reports problems to DHS and/or Maintenance Department.
Replaces any equipment not working properly.
- Monitors staff and patients/residents for adherence to wound
care program, use of pressure redistribution devices, and assists
with monitoring incontinent care.
- Oversees assessment of all chronic and complex areas on a
weekly schedule according to the Documentation of Skin and Wound
Care Policy. Information will be documented according to the
Documentation of Skin and Wound Care Policy. Will oversee
notification of the physician and legal representative of any
changes in wounds or treatments.
- Oversees review of implementation of nutritional protocol as
needed. Reviews labs and requests orders for labs pertaining to
wound status as needed.
- Oversees completion of weekly reports (Pressure Ulcer and
Wounds Other Than Pressure Ulcers). Submits copies to DHS, Wound
Care Consultant, Care Plan Coordinator and any other as person as
indicated, in a timely manner.
- Completes Section "M" of MDS on all patients/residents, assists
with information pertinent to RAP #16, and adds interventions or
changes to care plans as needed.
- Oversees reporting any significant changes in
patients/resident's condition to Charge Nurse, Case Mix Director,
legal representative, physician and Director of Health
- Monitors, as scheduled by center, compliance of weekly skin
assessments. Repots to DHS any not-compliance issues.
- Evaluates treatments on a weekly basis and recommends changes
in treatment as necessary. Reviews and completes risk assessments
according to the Risk Assessment: Skin Integrity Policy on all new
admissions, re-admissions, quarterly and yearly MDS, with each
significant change MDS and with clinical change of condition.
- Oversees skin assessments on all new admissions/re-admissions
and documents the results in skin notes and on appropriate forms.
If not present during admission, will follow-up on next duty day
present in the healthcare center. If skin assessments are not
completed timely on admission/readmission, this is to be reported
to DHS for follow-up
- Assesses all new admissions/re-admissions for appropriate
preventive measures to prevent skin breakdown. Implements placement
of appropriate pressure redistribution devices and skin/wound care
- Assists Wound Care Nurse (corporate and specialty bed company)
in any manner necessary.
- Does Part B wound care registration for patients/residents with
wounds meeting DMERC guidelines.
- Audits treatment sheets and physician order sheets at the end
of the month to correct and complete orders for each treatment
- Supervises Certified Nurse Assistant. - - -
-QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:Nursing Degree from an
accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an
accredited/approved RN program. -MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:Two
(2) year professional nursing experience in long term care setting.
-MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: - Current, active
and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of
practice. -ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred
qualifications)Previous experience with geriatric
patients/residents desirable. Previous supervisory experience
preferred.Has met the requirements to become a Skin Integrity
Coordinator with annual updates. Attendance to all sessions of
certification training. Completed or in process of completing tests
on "Acute and Chronic Wounds" - Certification test grade of no less
than 90 of 128 possible points. Task skills completed per Nurse
Consultant or designee with documentation to include: 1) aseptic
treatment procedure, and 2) admission or re-admission of
patient/resident to the healthcare center with skin breakdown. (May
use admissions without skin breakdown with permission of Wound Care
Consultant.) -#RL1To apply please email - - -Job: NursingPrimary
Location: Georgia-MaconSchedule: Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob
Posting: Oct 19, 2021, 2:36:13 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Macon , Registered Nurse - Skin Integrity Coordinator, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!