RN Supervisor 3p-11p
Posted on: January 12, 2022
DescriptionJOB PURPOSE: - -Responsible for directing the nursing
care of the patients, and supervises the day-to-day nursing
activities performed by Certified Nursing Assistants and
subordinate nurses. Such supervision should be in accordance with
current federal, state and local regulations governing our nursing
center, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical
Director, and/or the Director of Health Services, to provide that
appropriate care for our patients is maintained. - - -KEY
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Chart information regarding patient: progress, diagnoses,
medication, symptoms, and observations.
- Administer medications.
- Discuss with supervising nursing staff the progress of
patients, plan of care, and care continuum.
- Provide various treatments as recommended by the
- Perform physical assessments of patients.
- Draw blood and obtain fluids to submit for lab work as ordered
by the physician.
- Assist in passing out trays to patients and assist in
- Provide hands on assistance in department functions as
- Record and monitor progress of patients and communicate to
- Supervise Certified Nurse Assistants and charge/medication
nurses as indicated.
- Complete rounds of the center at various times during the
- Check medication rooms for supplies and stock as needed.
- Ensure labs are called to the physician as needed.
- Review and ensure observations are completed as assigned (body
- Follow up on family concerns and communicate concerns to the
DHS and the Administrator.
- Report to the DHS and reports of abuse or neglect.
- Actively participate in long term care survey process by
instruction staff in matters of conduct and disclosure, maintaining
a presence at all times surveyors are on-site and directing the
timely collection of information required by the survey team.
- Notify Director of Health Services if insufficient staff to
meet resident needs.
- Take immediate action to resolve staffing shortages as
- Review 24 hour report from every unit daily to ensure timely,
effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers,
discharges, use of physical or chemical restraints, unexplained
injuries, potential abuse or neglect, medication errors, loss of
resident property, any evidence of resident or family
dissatisfaction. - - -QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION
REQUIRED:Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university,
or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program. -MINIMUM
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:A minimum of two (2) years previous bed side
nursing experience. -MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY
LAW: - Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in
state of practice. -ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred
qualifications)Preferred experience in nursing administration and
staff supervisionJob: NursingPrimary Location:
Georgia-MaconSchedule: Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: Dec 6,
2021, 3:27:42 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Macon , RN Supervisor 3p-11p, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!