RN Assessment Coordinator
Company: NextStep Care
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are a COVID-19 vaccinated workforce. New Associates must
provide proof of vaccination prior to hire date. Join us at
NextStep Care- a place where you'll be valued, recognized and
rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We'll surround you
with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of
your life - both inside and outside of our centers. And you'll get
to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven
organization that's known for the highest level of care in our
communities Quality Assurance: * Ensures quality standards are
maintained and effective performance improvement measures are
implemented as related to assessments and discharges.
* Ensures organizational compliance with NSC Operational Guidelines
and regulatory requirements. * Collaborates with Administrators
and/or Case Managers as needed, on more complex cases offering
suggestions and interventions. . Record Management * Reviews
discharges to evaluate appropriateness, providing consultation,
direction and/or assistance to CM and/or Administrator as
* Monitors and reviews assessments and related documentation to
ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and certify level of
care. Audits: * Performs focused audits for assigned NSC locations
and provide written findings to the Director of Quality Assurance
and Compliance and to the appropriate Administrator as directed.
Associate Education: * Utilizes quality improvement audit reports
in planning and providing focused education for the assigned
location(s) related to assessments.
* Ensures education provided is clearly documented, including at a
minimum, a brief overview of content and attendance.
* Coordinates, plans and implements training related to assessments
as directed by supervisor. Disease Management: * Provides
consultation to Administrators and Case Managers as needed.
* Assists in identifying the need for disease management through
careful evaluation of assessments and care paths. Reporting: *
Assists with data collection and completion of reports as assigned
* Reports schedule and business expenses in a timely and accurate
manner as directed by the organization Compliance: * Reports
corporate compliance concerns appropriately.
* Reports privacy and security concerns appropriately.
* Provides on-site assistance for state surveys conducted in
assigned NSC location as needed_._ Meeting Coordination and
Attendance: * Attends NSC in-services, trainings, and other
meetings as directed by supervisor.
* Attends multidisciplinary team meetings, staff meetings, PCP
conferences and Provider meetings as needed and/or directed by
supervisor. ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Functions as
Assessment Nurse Case Manager and/or Case Manager for assigned NSC
location(s) when necessary.
* Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor. SKILLS AND
ABILITIES: * Thorough knowledge, adherence and enforcement of
current regulations, as well as NSC Operational guidelines and best
practices as related to the operations of the SOURCE Program and
NSC. * Thorough knowledge and adherence to NSC personnel
guidelines. * Maintains constructive working relationships by
communicating and interacting effectively with supervisors,
organizational leadership, peers, internal and external customers,
in a positive, professional and respectful manner.
* Demonstrates good clinical judgment, decision making and critical
* Portrays a positive image of the organization and communicates
guiding principles, mission, vision and values.
* Completes work in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
* Ability to organize and prioritize assignments and
* Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties
of the position.
* Ability to work a demanding, primarily self directed work
* Exhibits adequate computer skills.
* Ability to deliver excellent customer service, externally and
* Ability to respond effectively and calmly in emergency
* Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
* Demonstrates ability to provide constructive feedback. MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS: * RN with valid Georgia Nursing License
* Experience in social work, home and community based services,
healthcare or geriatrics preferred.
* Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is regularly required to stand, walk and sit for
prolonged periods of time. The associate is also required to use
hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required, distance vision, and the
ability to adjust focus. The associate may occasionally have to
move or lift up to 25 lbs. The noise level in the work environment
is consistent with a normal office environment. The associate will
be required to travel extensively within the state of Georgia and
may be required to visit members in their home and/or community
environment, hospital or other institutional and professional
settings. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively with customers or associates with the
organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to execute basic tasks when provided instruction furnished
in a written and/or verbal format. The ability to address and
resolve problems involving several concrete variables in general
situations. COMPUTER OPERATIONS
This job requires proficiency with the following computer
applications: MS Outlook and MS Word. Preferred - PowerPoint and
Excel CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid GA Registered Nurse License EEO / M / F / D / V / Drug Free
Workplace Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: NextStep Care, Macon , RN Assessment Coordinator, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!