RN - Pain Clinic
Posted on: September 13, 2023
The Procedural Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing
by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to
individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of
practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of
IV's, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Assess patients in procedural area, both pre and post
procedure, review medication, allergies, medical history, and
obtain vital signs
- Initiate IV therapy
- Triage phone calls, complete prior authorizations, injection
screening, and MRI screenings
- Provide education to patients in the office and post-injection
- Order, stock, and maintain supplies for department
- Perform urine drug screens
- Assists Injectionists with procedures (epidural, nerve block,
joint injection, radiofrequency nerve ablation, etc)
Keywords: Nurse.com, Macon , RN - Pain Clinic, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!