Coliseum Northside New graduate Nurse (RN) Combo StaRN Residency
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We invite new graduates to apply for Coliseum Medical Centers' StaRN New Graduate program!
Coliseum Northside is a 103-bed community hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery and gastric reflux disease. Coliseum Northside Hospital operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center. Through our Georgia Bariatric Center, we provide the latest in weight loss surgery. We also offer outpatient services for sleep disorders, wound healing, as well as radiology and laboratory services. Our comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation center provides speech, occupational and physical therapy and has transportation services provided at no cost to our patients.
The 10-16 week program starts July 3, 2019 and features didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Memorial Health. During the 10-16 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. After completion of the program, you will transfer to Memorial Health and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with the hospital.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Tracks offered for July, 2019 include Med/Surg, Ortho/Spine, ICU, and Emergency Department.
Part 1: StaRN Program (First 10 - 16 weeks)
The program combines instructor-led classroom training, state-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief, and self-directed learning while the learner also completes a clinical preceptorship at the hospital in the unit the learner will be employed in once the StaRN program is completed. Parts of the program may require travel to an offsite training location.
Part 2: HCA Residency Program - Remainder of the 1 st year after the StaRN Program
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Learners continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
Key values to the candidates:
- Access to Mosby Elsevier Core Curriculum, AACN Core Curriculum or Emergency Nurse Association Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum (depending on chosen track)
- Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- CPI Certification, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS (depending on chosen track)
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
- Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
We offer a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, paid family medical leave, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, scholarships for employee's children, employee stock purchase plan and a huge opportunity for growth.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Must have a Georgia or multistate RN license at the start the program
- Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training Program
Keywords: HCA., Macon , Coliseum Northside New graduate Nurse (RN) Combo StaRN Residency, Healthcare , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!