FOOD SERVICE PROD SUPERVISOR
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Facility:--RIVERBEND CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION
FACILITYCompensation Base:--Compensation Bonus (if
applicable):--Equal Opportunity Employer.SummaryResponsible for
assisting in the overall production of high quality and palatable
meals for the facility operation. Assists in the daily supervision
of kitchen, service line and dining area staff. Oversees that the
food service operation maintains the highest level of sanitary
conditions as required.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchases all food and non-food supplies required by the
facility according to established menus and maintenance and
- Supervises the production of food served by the facility.
Maintains control over large quantities of food used and the
quality of the finished product. Assures that the serving line
operates efficiently and temperatures of food line items meet
established regulatory controls. Determines what foods will be
discarded and what will be saved for leftovers.
- Assists in the review of daily menus.
- Supervises the handling, preparation and storage of food,
maintenance of equipment, records, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Supervises the work of other employees by assigning and
inspecting the work performed.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Assures that detainee and staff servers are observed for
maintenance of established rules of sanitation, safety and portion
- Functions as the Food Service Manager in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior experience managing a food
service operation in a commercial, military, or institutional
facility and an equivalent of one (1) year relevant undergraduate
school credits and/or technical training courses, or an equivalent
combination of work experience and education required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a warehousing
operation strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates effective personnel interactions, communication
skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Proficiency with computer systems preferred.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the practices and materials
used in food service procedures, in addition to knowledge of
warehousing and issuing stock.
- Knowledge of the standards of sanitation and cleanliness
employed in the handling of food in a quantity food production
program is required.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Macon , FOOD SERVICE PROD SUPERVISOR, Hospitality & Tourism , Milledgeville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!