Company: Tri-County EMC
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Tri-County EMC, located in Gray, Georgia, has an opening for a
Network Administrator. Candidate will oversee the operations of a
fiber optic network, back office networking required for assisting
a subscriber support team, provisioning network and subscriber
equipment, and supporting installation technicians. Job duties will
include installation, configuration, and maintenance of network
control systems, routers, firewalls, customer billing systems, and
VOIP telephone systems. Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of
Science degree in Information Technology or a related field,
experience in a competitive environment providing data, voice, and
video services, and a working knowledge of GPON fiber architecture
broadband technologies. Applications and a full job description are
available at . Resumes and/or completed applications must be
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tri-County EMC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - participates in E-Verify - M/F/D/V - Drug
Tri-County Electric Membership Corporation
Position Title: Network Administrator
Objectives Common to All Employees
- Promote the sales and delivery of fiber-to-the-home broadband
internet service to the community, acting as a brand ambassador,
responsible corporate citizen, and representative of the
organization at all times to the communities served by Tri-County
Electric Membership Corporation and its affiliates.
- Safety - Responsible for the knowledge of and abiding by the
Board of Directors approved Georgia EMC Safety Operations
Objectives Unique to This Position
- Administer, design and maintain networks, software, systems and
equipment necessary to deliver quality FTTH broadband service.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the fiber optic network
required to provide data, voice, and video service to subscribers,
as well as back office networking required for administrative
- Install, program, and maintain edge and core routers and
associated equipment in fiber hut locations.
- Provide network analysis to anticipate individual or global
issues affecting network performance.
- Maintain day-to-day security of networks and servers including
operating systems and applications.
- Design and implement network connectivity for LAN and WAN
connections, including documentation of network
- Receive and evaluate requests for additional network
applications and make recommendations on required hardware and
software to assist in determining whether these requests will meet
the user's needs and function in coordination with existing
hardware and software.
- Assist subscriber support team in the provisioning of
subscriber equipment and enabling subscriber access to the network
successfully, including network control systems and routers, mobile
apps, customer billing systems, VOIP telephone systems, and video
- Provide support to fiber drop and subscriber installation
- Provide technical support to users.
- Oversee maintenance of all network devices with all firmware
and software updates and security patches and features.
- Assist in review process for vendor contracts and equipment
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all
safety rules, and supports the Mission Statement and Core Values in
carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Supports sales and marketing team by providing necessary
network and customer data analytics.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of
the company and position.
- High school diploma and equivalent experience with five or more
years of experience in an advanced server or network role
- Advanced knowledge, understanding, and experience selecting,
installing, and maintaining of networking equipment, such as
routers, switches, telephony, and security devices.
- A track record of increasing responsibility, including managing
multiple projects, leading a team, and supervising employees,
contractors, or vendors.
- A proven ability to plan, budget, organize, and manage multiple
projects with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
with a focus on customer experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with
demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to work in a team environment.
- A valid driver's license.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or a
- Experience in a competitive environment providing data, voice,
and video services to subscribers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of broadband and fiber
technologies, including but not limited to GPON; fiber connections
related to the plant and outside the plant in a field
- Preferred technical skills/understanding include:
- Windows Server
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Juniper routers
- Calix equipment and software
- VoIP including Latency and Jitter management
- Routing protocols
- Server virtualization
- GPON fiber technologies
Keywords: Tri-County EMC, Macon , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Gray, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!