Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator
Company: naviHealth, Inc.
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Job SummaryThe Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator (SICC) plays
an integral role in optimizing patients' recovery journeys. The
SICC completes weekly functional assessments and engages the PAC
inter-disciplinary care team providing them with the nH Outcome
tool to align expectations for discharge planning. The position
engages patients and families to share information and facilitate
informed decisions. By serving as the link between patients and the
appropriate health care personnel, the SICC is responsible for
ensuring efficient, smooth, and prompt transitions of care.
- Perform Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) assessments on patients
using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools, such as nH
Predict, nH Outcome, InterQual and CMS criteria, upon admission to
SNF and periodically through the patient stays.
- Review targets for Length of Stay (LOS), target outcomes, and
discharge plans with providers and families.
- Complete all SNF concurrent reviews, updating authorizations on
a timely basis.
- Collaborate effectively with the patients' health care teams to
establish an optimal discharge. The health care team includes
physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social
workers, physical therapists, etc.
- Assure patients progress toward discharge goals and assist in
- Participate weekly in SNF Rounds providing accurate and up to
date information to the naviHealth Sr. Manager or Medical
- Assure appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan, High
Risk Case Manager, and/or community-based services.
- Engage with patients, families, or caregivers either
telephonically or on-site weekly and as needed.
- Attend patient/family care conferences.
- Assess and monitor patients' continued appropriateness for SNF
setting (as indicated) according to InterQual criteria or nH
- When naviHealth is delegated for utilization management, review
referral requests that cannot be approved for continued stay and
are forward to licensed physicians for review and issuance of the
NOMNC when appropriate.
- Coordinate peer to peer reviews with naviHealth Medical
- Support new delegated contract start-up to ensure experienced
staff work with new contracts.
- Manage assigned caseload in an efficient and effective manner
utilizing time management skills.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the nH Coordinate
- Daily review of census and identification of barriers to manage
independent workload and ability to assist others.
- Review monthly dashboards, readmission reports, quarterly, and
other reports with the assigned Clinical Team Manager, as needed,
to assist with the identification of opportunities for
- Adhere to organizational and departmental policies and
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance
with HIPPA, federal and state regulations, and laws.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required,
assigned, or requested. Qualifications
- Active, unrestricted registered clinical license required -
Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or
- 3 - 5 years of clinical experience required
- At least 2 years of Case Management experience preferred
- Patient education background, rehabilitation, and/or home
health nursing experience a plus
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communication
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiating
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent problem identification/resolution and
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple
- Team player Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware)
between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer
(or similar hardware) within a standard period of time
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members including
use of cellular phone or comparable communication device
- Ability to sit for an extended time period (1 - 2 hours)
- Travel requirements
- Ability to mobilize to and within sites within an assigned
local or regional market/area up to 85% of the time
- Must attend 2 weeks of onsite training at Corporate Office in
Brentwood, TN About naviHealthBeing a pioneer in post-acute
management and care transitions with 19 years of experience,
naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve
clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and
providers. We provide clinical service support alongside
proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health
systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care
episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and
improving patient outcomes. Our ValuesWe care about the people we
serve.We care about each other.We care about our communities.We
embrace innovation.We like simple. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right
to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and
organizational needs as necessary. naviHealth is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status
under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the
basis of disability.
Keywords: naviHealth, Inc., Macon , Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!