Administrative Coordinator - Office of the President
Company: Fort Valley State University
Location: Fort Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant
institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking
candidates for the Administrative Coordinator position in the
Office of the President.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant
university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides
an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students.
The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach
County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its
1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public
university in area.
In a fast-paced, highly visible Office of the President, this
position provides high-level, confidential, administrative support
to the Office of the President. The Administrative Coordinator
exercises independent judgment, maintains high-level of
confidentiality, demonstrates initiative, multi-tasks, and manages
many competing priorities. This position reports to the Special
Assistant to the President.
- Provide front desk operations to include but is not limited to,
answering phones, accepting packages and other deliveries, greeting
and signing in visitors/guests, ordering office supplies and
- Perform complex duties requiring specialized and extensive
knowledge of the operations of the President's Office to relieve
the Office of the President of administrative details.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations
and documentation; independently research and analyze associated
issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or
decision making purposes.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track
critical dates, events and organizational issues for the
President's office; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure
deadlines are met.
- Responsible for maintaining the filing systems and ensuring all
pertinent information and supporting materials are retained.
- Coordinate logistics for business travel, conferences, seminars
and training programs for the President's Office.
- Prepare notices for meetings; assist in preparation of meeting
agendas and backup materials for meetings, as well as compilation
of minutes from those meetings and serve as recording secretary
- Prepare requisitions and maintain purchasing records for
multi-units reporting to the Office of the President.
- Monthly reconciliation for corporate travel card and purchasing
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters and correspondence
with the maximum confidence. Regularly reviews and edit the
departmental website as well as update the organizational
newsletter for distribution.
- Create and maintain, in coordination with colleagues,
analytical management reports and professional presentation
materials for presentation to diverse outside audiences.
- Assist with planning, collaborating, an executing of events
hosted and/or associated with the Office of the President such as
Commencement, Convocation, Faculty and Staff Events, and
- Interact with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students
and other constituents for an effective communication between the
Office of the President and both internal and external
- Perform other related duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in a variety of Windows-based computer programs
including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to
interact effectively with constituents at all levels required.
- Effective writing and verbal skills.
- Competent handling of confidential and sensitive issues with
judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Strong database experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to promote
process improvements to create institutional efficiencies and
ability to scale.
- Budget management experience
- MS Excel skills with the ability to learn college operational
and financial systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five to ten years of administrative support with experience in
providing executive-level administrative support within a large,
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's
license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget processes and management principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with job-related social media and online
- Strong prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Skill in identifying and solving problems.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Skill in diplomacy.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in daily
- Graduate Degree in related field.
- Knowledge of university and departmental policies and
- Knowledge of university academic units and their
- Knowledge of University System of Georgia Board of Regents
policies, procedures, practices, requirements and reporting
Keywords: Fort Valley State University, Macon , Administrative Coordinator - Office of the President, Other , Fort Valley, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!