Charge Nurse - 2nd Shift
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Any given position will close when we determine an adequate
candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are
unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email.
However, please be assured that your resume/application will be
evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an
interview or we need further clarification/information.
This is a 3:00p - 11:30p position.
Under broad supervision, the successful candidate will be
- Assesses client health problems and needs.
- Develops and implements nursing care plans and maintains
- Administers nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or
- May advise clients on health maintenance and disease prevention
or provide case management.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned
areas. May supervise support staff or employees.
- Administers prescribed medications as ordered by physician and
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records.
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients'
responses and conditions.
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients'
- Observes nurses to ensure that proper nursing care is
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies,
and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Provides education to client and family.
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance
in convalescence and rehabilitation.
- Provides training for other staff in job.
- Vacation - 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days
each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10
years of service
- Sick Leave - accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days
- Holidays - the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid
- Retirement - 401(k) with a matching employer contribution and a
Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Available Insurance - Health; Dental; Vision; Legal;
Disability; Life & Dependent Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare & Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND
STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT *
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or
university OR Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited
college or university AND current Georgia license as a Registered
Professional Nurse AND One year of professional nursing
Keywords: State of Georgia, Macon , Charge Nurse - 2nd Shift, Other , Milledgeville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!