Dura-Line Maintenance Technician in Sandersville, GA
Company: Orbia Advance Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Dura-Line, we aspire to create a more connected world,
because we believe every company, every community, every person
deserves the chance to advance their lives through better access to
high-speed broadband. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality
products and being recognized a key partner with all of the major
telecommunications companies across the world. In one year,
Dura-Line produced over 1.4 billion feet of digital network
infrastructure. Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every time you
pick up your cell phone, log into the internet, or use your
i-anything, it's because our HDPE pathways protect that delicate
string of glass called a fiber optic cable that carries everything
from precious pictures of your puppy to the latest sports scores.
Your safety, health, family, work, entertainmentyour whole life;
that's our connection.
Dura-Line is hiring a Maintenance Tech in our Sandersville &
Tennille, Georgia sites to assist all production departments,
primarily the Extrusion department, in repairing and maintaining
all equipment necessary for all departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all resin systems and vacuum loaders, and clean
filters and make repairs as required.
- Maintain all support equipment, tape feeders, spiral units,
extruders, vacuum tanks, pullers, reelers, air systems and water
- Assist all departments with breakdowns.
- Assist and/or perform all tooling changes for the extrusion
department as required by order change.
- Perform daily maintenance sheets on all lift trucks as per work
- Use a volt meter; check and replace fuses, motor starter,
replays, pumps, motors, and AC-DC systems; and trouble shoot faulty
- Assist the general maintenance crew with equipment rebuild,
plant shutdowns and new equipment installations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Follow all safety requirements of this position.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum two years of experience in mechanical maintenance
- One year of experience in electrical maintenance
- Ability to use most hand and power tools required for this
position: wrenches, torches, volt meters, drill press, and band
- Knowledge of 120/240/480v single and three phase systems
- Some electrical ability
- Familiarity with plumbing
- Good knowledge of state and local safety codes
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to successfully complete the company's lift truck
- Ability to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable
- Ability to climb ladders, silos, railcars, roofs at varying
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Electrical, water and chemical hazards present in the working
- Work includes exposure to hot equipment with moving components
and spending 8 hours a shift on your feet.
- Moving from one area to another may require stepping over
and/or bending under objects.
- Background working as a Maintenance Technician, experienced in
controls, such as PLC and Controllers (VFD and Temp
Dura Line is an EEO compliant employer and uses eVerify
Join Our Team: Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting
work environment and provides career opportunities in a
continuously growing company. We are committed to attracting,
developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that represents our
global customer base. Check out our products, history, and
testimonials at www.Dura-Line.com
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia,
bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the
world. Orbia's business groups have a collective focus on insuring
food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of
cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure,
and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced
materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture,
Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data
Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions
to global challenges.
Sandersville, GA, US, 31082
Keywords: Orbia Advance Corporation, Macon , Dura-Line Maintenance Technician in Sandersville, GA, Other , Sandersville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!