Staff Development Coordinator (LPN / RN)
Company: Macon Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Facilitates and coordinates all ongoing education and in-service
program in accordance with State and Federal requirements. Assists
in the orientation of all new employees to facility policies and
procedures. Assists routinely in the maintenance of medical
- Current State nursing license as a Nurse with a minimum of two
(2) years long-term care nursing experience in various roles of
- Strong teaching, coaching, evaluating and leadership
- Strong communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Annual licensure CEU's as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is subject to individual facility policies, procedures
and practices, which may require additional duties and
- Assures adequate orientation and continuing education of nurses
assistants as directed by the Director of Nursing Services and
in compliance with approved Nursing Assistant Training program.
- Assures adequate orientation of all new employees to facility
procedures and State/Federal mandated policies and procedures.
Coordinates competency completion.
- Coordinates necessary employment forms and/or documents
- Develops, coordinates, teaches, facilitates, assures 100%
appropriate at all mandatory in-services including: infection
prevention, OSHA safety, confidentiality, Resident Rights,
- Assists in the planning and implementation of all ongoing
education and in
servicing programs. Assures necessary documentation of programs
appropriate, complete and filed.
- Posts monthly calendar of in-service programs before the first
working day of
- Assists with monthly Quality Assurance reviews as directed by
- Respects and maintains residents' dignity, individuality,
confidentiality. Is knowledgeable of Residents' Rights.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures of the Nursing
Department and the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA including: training, audits,
updating manuals as needed and assuring compliance with
- Maintains employee education training health files.
- Performs competency checks for nursing assistants.
- Responsible for investigating employee incidents and providing
solutions to present further injuries.
- Schedules and coordinates nursing assistant testing within the
- Displays courteous, tactful, helpful manner with residents,
families, visitors and fellow employees.
- Participates in morning meetings, admission meetings, safety
committee and QA committee.
- Performs other duties as requested by Administrator or other
Keywords: Macon Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Macon , Staff Development Coordinator (LPN / RN), Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!