Supervisor, Warehouse - FB620 DC Macon
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What's Your Story?
Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we
understand that what you do after work is just as important as what
you do on the clock. We prove it by offering you time and
compensation to make your story the best it can be.
FB620 DC Macon
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest,
stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are
looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra
step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return,
we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in
your career as you want to go.
JOB SUMMARY/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a
smooth operation of the Distribution/Warehousing Department and
help provide 24 hours coverage.
- Provide general supervision of all warehouse operations and
functional processes within the department.
- Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and
trained department that supports the warehousing function by
offering the highest levels of logistics support.
- This position involves the planning, directing, and
coordination of all warehousing activities.
- Must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and
- Must drive key performance indicators for cost savings, and
maintain efficient utilization of manpower through proper
scheduling and training in order to provide the highest levels of
customer service at the store level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/ PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions
through the company safety department.
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge with OSHA regulations
and other safety standards.
- Maintain facility in a safe manner in accordance with company
and governmental standards.
- Ensure that warehousing procedures offer the cost-effective
solutions that will drive profitability.
- Uphold sanitation and housekeeping standards and conduct
compliance audits to such standards.
- Manage and benchmark warehouse aspects of profit and loss
- Assist in managing all department re-bids.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Warehouse Teammates
and Support Staff.
- Current week and following week schedules should always be
posted with a working copy available by request for the next
- Must facilitate communication within the management team and
between the Teammates and management.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and
knowledgeable work force.
- Enforcement of general company policies and issuance of
coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates.
- All final written warnings and separations will be presented
and administered by this position with the approval of the
Distribution Manager and/or the Human Resources Manager.
- Must assign accountability within staff to track and trend key
performance indicators to ensure the center is meeting and
exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Teammate Handbook.
- Establish and provide departmental coverage and leadership and
maintain highest level of managerial professionalism at all
- Assist Transportation Supervisors and Managers with resolution
of issues between warehousing and distribution.
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to
be assigned periodically.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in all facets of outbound and inbound
warehousing, preferably in the food service industry.
- Mainframe computer software relating to record keeping.
- Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft
Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
- Management of large numbers of warehouse staff with experience
in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure
manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting, planning, analytical and/or
reporting experience, in positions with increasing responsibility
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting
- Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost
effective solutions to such issues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with
several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability
to work within the framework of the Team.
- TEAM concept and TEAMWORK are essential functions performed
- Knowledge of distribution systems.
- Ability to utilize faxing and copying machines.
- Extensive communications via phone.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature
extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially
harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to
proximity toother teammates.
- Night Shift.
Keywords: McLane, Macon , Supervisor, Warehouse - FB620 DC Macon, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!