Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Major established brand name company at their large
manufacturing site in eastern GA near Savannah has an opportunity
for an Accounting Manager to manage accounting
functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting
earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Will
formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout
the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports
accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide
reliable information necessary to control operations within
- Will oversee and manage the preparation and presentation of
daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual financial information for
management and outside parties which may include leading one or
more period end closing activities.
- Will ensure controls are in place, general ledger accounts are
reconciled on a periodic basis and that overall data and system
integrity as it relates to financial data is in compliance with
GAAP and Company policies.
- Will manage and ensure general accounting functions are
- Prepares and monitors financial forecasts, budgets,
expenditures; coordinates variance data and allocations and
performs cost estimating projects.
- Functional managers will be worked with throughout the company
to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and offer
recommendations for improvement and will coordinate review of
inventory balances and inventory monitoring programs.
- Will manage division systems and the compilation and analysis
of management reports and statistical statements.
- Internal and external financial statement audit requirements
will be managed.
- Full range of managerial responsibilities will be performed
which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring,
coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and
directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department
- Other duties as assigned will be performed.
Job Skills Requirements
- Needed is strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysis
techniques that assist in report preparation for decision-making
- Understanding that is thorough of general accounting functions
as well as cost accounting and standard cost setting
- Familiar with profit and loss analysis, standard operating and
- Advanced organization skills necessary to manage multiple
priorities and assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills for interface and communicate with diverse groups
- Needed is leadership skills and the ability to be
- Computer literacy, especially experience with financial
software systems that is strong
Needed is a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or
equivalent education and experience
- Five years minimum of public accounting experience and CPA
designation or seven years of related experience without CPA
- SAP is needed
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment is
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Macon , Accounting Manager, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!