Forklift Operator (Cherry Picker) Day Shift
Company: Saddle Creek Logistics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50
years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by
treating each other with respect and working together to succeed.
Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our
business, and to each other. The growth and success we've
experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
A forklift operator drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric
powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as
forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple,
clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift,
stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials/pallets by
performing the following duties. This position is responsible for
providing high quality service to our customers through safe,
efficient, damage free, cost effective and accurate storage and
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 7:30 am-4:00
- Load and unloads trailers and railcars and transports load to
- Check product on inbound / outbound to ensure that items and
quantities are correct and that there is no damage
- Use handheld scanners/equipment for warehouse management system
- Assist in cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Recharge batteries, fills fuel tank, or replace gas tank.
- Perform daily maintenance inspections of equipment.
- Follow company procedures and policies to complete tasks in a
- Adhere to company safety policy and guidelines to ensure safe
working conditions for self and others.
- Work cooperatively with other warehouse associates.
- Participate in keeping the facility maintained in a clean, neat
and orderly fashion.
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience operating a forklift, Cherry
picker expeirence preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a warehouse environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must maintain productivity and accuracy standards.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the
ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- Able to work in a non-temperature controlled warehouse (meaning
the indoor temperature fluctuates through each season)
Keywords: Saddle Creek Logistics, Macon , Forklift Operator (Cherry Picker) Day Shift, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!