Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Central Georgia Cancer Care Pc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The medical assistant is responsible for evaluating the needs of
the physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner. The
medical assistant works closely with their provider to ensure that
the medical record is complete. The medical assistant prepares the
patient for clinical evaluation.
Provide compassionate care to the oncology patient. Interact
well with the patient and their family.
- Prepare the chart with all previously ordered labs and
- Perform and document vital signs to include height and weight
in the patient record.
- Screen new patient charts before the office visit and retrieve
additional records as necessary if medically indicated.
- Maintain the medical record. Files reports and completes orders
in a timely manner.
- Assure documentation is completed in EMR as directed by
- Prepare patients for examinations and assist the physician
during the examination as needed.
- Communicate effectively with assigned physician / provider,
office team and patient to ensure patients are seen in a timely and
organized fashion (ensure proper routing of the patient before/
after/ during office visit).
- Communicate effectively with all departments within the office
to ensure that tasks/ work is carried out efficiently and with
- Maintain the exam room.
- Comply with OSHA regulations. Maintain current CPR
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the quality of patient
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Anticipate and prepare for the needs of their provider.
- Communicates with office team/ physician to ensure needs of
team and physician are met, including location and daily schedule
of assigned physician.
- Follow guidelines regarding meaningful use (med reconciliation,
- Ensure that pt charts are updated by interviewing pt (meds,
hospital stays, ER visits, etc.)
- Education/ Training Requirements:
- Must be AAMA certified medical assistant or equivalent
Busy medical oncology practice in Central Georgia.
Keywords: Central Georgia Cancer Care Pc, Macon , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Perry, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!