Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: Macon Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus Available
Perform physical therapy programs under the general supervision
of a physical therapist.
- Assist in administering programs involving passive manual
therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction and heat,
light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as
ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared and hot
and cold packs to treat patients/residents.
- instructs, motivate and assist patients/residents to learn and
- observe patients/residents during treatments and compile data
on responses to treatments and progress. Report orally or in
writing to rehab director.
- Assist in evaluation of patient/resident daily living skills
and capacities to determine the extent of abilities and
- Design and adapt equipment.
- Assist in instructing patient/residents and family programs, as
well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Document patient/resident progress toward established
- Establish and maintain good public relations with
patients/residents, families and other center guests. Show empathy
toward patients/reside4nts as needed. Adhere to requirements of
resident/patient Bill of Rights.
- Follow established infection control precautions. Adhere to
Universal Blood and Body fluid precautions following policy and
center specific infection control policies and procedures.
- Observe safety needs of patients/residents. Identify safety and
security hazards and report to appropriate personnel after ensuring
patient/resident is out of immediate danger.
- Assist in maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Maintain billing records.
- Follow policies and procedures related to body mechanics,
transfer, body positioning and mobility as outlined in the Nursing
Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Attend seminars and other educational programs related to
physical therapy as required to maintain active licensure
- Participate in scheduled in-service programs and staff
- Maintain confidentiality of necessary information.
- Utilize supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
- Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences
of the job without being thrown off stride.
- Perform any miscellaneous work assignments as may be
- Graduate of accredited two-year Physical Therapist Assistant
program and certified according to national requirements. Licensed
in the state where practicing.
- Lifting 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighting up to 25 pounds.
- Travel within a local area as needed for patient
- Ability to work inside with exposure to some disagreeable
- Communicate effectively with patients/residents, therapy staff
and facility personnel.
- Must be capable of executing all terms and conditions set forth
in the Employee Handbook including but not limited to:
- Work in a safety conscious manner to ensure that others in the
workplace are not at risk.
- Comply with local, state, and federal regulations in addition
to company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company policy of a drug free workplace.
- Interact in a tactful, diplomatic and humanistic manner with
residents, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe,
efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which
ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical
safety of each resident and center guest.
- Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to stands
of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
Keywords: Macon Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Macon , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!