Registered Nurse Case Manager
Company: Concentric Methods
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Cape Fox Shared Service and Concentric Methods is seeking a
Registered Nurse Case Manager to work full time providing Out
Patient Occupational Medicine to our deserving Air Force at
Warner Robins AFB, GA.
Registered Nurses Case Manager is needed for an
outpatient health facility to provide assessment and
coordination of integrated healthcare and wellness needs for
individuals in service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care,
quality and cost effectiveness.
- Identifies and stratifies individual patients and populations
of patients across the spectrum of care at risk for chronic
diseases and co-morbid conditions, and evaluates the incidence of
such conditions from a variety of established data bases and
facility treatment team referrals.
- Facilitates identification, adoption, implementation and
utilization of standardized clinical practice guidelines and
protocols for management of specific diseases/ conditions.
- Identifies, develops and executes
appropriate interventions such as, but not limited to,
individual and/or group patient contacts and training classes.
- Conducts a thorough evaluation of the patient’s current
physical, psychosocial and health status. Documents treatment plans
and matches level of patient’s care to clinical risk, readiness to
change and health literacy.
- Educates/trains team/facility staff on policies and procedures
for utilization of guidelines, protocols and other case
management activities. Fosters collaboration and facilitates case
management activities with the patient care team.
- Identifies, collects, interprets and evaluates measureable
outcomes of care within established time frames (i.e., quality of
services, cost and cost savings, case management and
improvement). Conducts special studies as indicated based on
outcomes and other Quality Management/Risk Management and
Population Health programs and indicators.
- Reports data as required in coordination with the Health Care
Integrator and Chief of Medical Staff. Reports disease management
efforts to MTF leadership through committees such as Population
Health Working Group.
- Proactively coordinates with the Case Manager and Utilization
Manager as needed.
- Assists in development of facility’s Medical
Management/Population Health plan in support of the annual Business
Plan, ensuring a process for collecting disease management data,
monitoring performance, and identifying improvement
- Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and quickly reacts in
- Completes in-person and telephonic evaluations that include
determination of optimal time and location for patient management
(i.e., ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required.
Prescribes and communicates treatment plan and patient teaching in
accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses
significant patient history information and performs all necessary
- Demonstrates skill in setting up, operating and monitoring
specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices,
EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific
- Performs/assists with procedures such as medication
administration, in accordance with established protocols.
- May be required to work an adjusted schedule or augment
clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses
due to illness, leave or deployment.
- Performs assigned duties and tasks in the execution of services
to include, but is not limited to: nursing assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation of care; tele-health; medication
administration; clinical nursing procedures and patient
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team
meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination
meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical
nursing practice and education relevant to nursing.
- Participates in the orientation, education and training of
other staff. May participate in committees, work groups, and task
forces at the facility.
- Must maintain a level of productivity and quality consistent
with: complexity of the assignment; facility policies and
guidelines; established principles, ethics and standards of
practice of professional nursing; designated VA/DoD, NHLBI Clinical
Practice Guidelines American Diabetes Association, and other
evidence-based disease management professional guidelines;
telephone triage and other tele-health professional standards and
guidelines; Case Management Society of America (CMSA); American
Accreditation Healthcare Commission/Utilization Review
Accreditation Commission (URAC); CAMH; (AAAHC); Health Services
Inspection (HSI); and other applicable DoD and Service specific
guidance and policies. Must also comply with the Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) Program, infection control as well as safety
policies and procedures.
- Completes medical record documentation and designated tracking
logs and data reporting as required by local MTF/AF/DoD
instructions, policies and guidance.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of
healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal
outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the MTF.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the
scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for
the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for
teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as
- Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient
All employees must adhere to the Cape Fox Corporation Ethics
and Compliance policy and promote a culture that is conducive to
Ethical conduct and compliance. Any suspicious activity or behavior
must be reported to a manager, Ethics Officer of Cape Fox
Corporation or Ethics Hotline:
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal
employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment
decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national
origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected
veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox
Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans
pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Keywords: Concentric Methods, Macon , Registered Nurse Case Manager, Other , Cochran, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!