Inventory Control Manager
Company: Bluestem Brands
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to a
number of eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a
dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer
excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving
our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and
supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who
drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we
take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a
You work hard, and you deserve more than
just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees.
From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and
incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code),
this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about
work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team
to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Operations/Fulfillment
Manager for Bluestem to be located at our distribution center in
Eatonton, GA. You will manage and direct all first shift production
departments including Picking, Packing, Returns, Receiving,
Inventory Control, Replenishment, Stocking and Shipping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and directs production in areas such as Picking,
Packing, Returns, Receiving, Inventory Control, Replenishment,
Stocking and Shipping.
- Supervise and train shift supervisors.
- Build essential bench with supervisors as a mentor.
- Implement strategic initiatives into tactical applications by
- Produce, review and/or distribute daily or weekly production
- Monitor attendance and production of employees.
- Write employee annual reviews and problem documents.
- Ensure all employees are adequately trained to perform their
- Understand and enforce policy and procedures fairly.
- Monitor weekly repeat inventory.
- Monitor weekly bag and box inventory.
- Responsible for accurately staffing to daily plan on flow of
orders to assigned departments
- Monitors and enforces current established production standards
for assigned departments
- Maintains strong quality control standards
- Maintains or improves departmental
costs per unit as budgeted
- Ensures production areas operate
safety and in compliance with all current policies
- Communicates with Director, keeping
them informed of operations as needed.
- Delegates to those responsible in each
respective area to ensure their job functions support the overall
warehouse activity to achieve common goals.
- Execute pre-shift meetings and
interact with the line supervisors and hourly associates on a daily
- Monitor an approved labor standard to
ensure an efficient and productive labor force.
- Investigate all accidents and
recommend solutions to correct any deficiencies in conjunction with
the Safety Committee.
- Participates on distribution project
teams acting as a co-facilitator, facilitator, or subject matter
- May act as a project manager on some
- May serve on cross-functional
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Computer skills including MS programs, Email, and AS400
- Ability to lead and develop people with excellent communication
- Flexibility and willingness to direction required.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as
- Minimum of five (5) years of operations and/or warehouse
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership,
integrate diverse organizations and individuals toward
profitability objectives is critical.
Keywords: Bluestem Brands, Macon , Inventory Control Manager, Other , Eatonton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!