Company: Graphic Packaging International
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Operate and maintain unwind/rewind of the press.
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Complies with all company and department safety, quality,
productivity and security procedures.
• Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation
involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes
production reports, specification verification, quality
requirements, machine logbooks and checklists.
• Safely operates a forklift to move roll stock to press.
• Completes quality checks on rolls before mounting on press.
• Sets up and maintains auto splicing unit.
• Scans production order into SAP.
• Strips cores.
• Communicates all machine and department issues effectively to
department manager and supervisors and presents data based
solutions in keeping with Continuous Improvement Objectives.
• Removes empty cores and prepares for shipment.
• Makes roll size change adjustments.
• Performs other duties as assigned by department manager.
• Will assist in "breaking out" unwind, ink technicians.
• Troubleshoots web tension, web alignment and splicing issues.
• Understands and monitors the 5S system and takes full ownership
of working environment.
• Assist when possible in keeping WIP materials to a minimum, by
helping to stack in WIP materials as deemed necessary by situation
• Assist Finishing Area as needed and when possible, to improve and
optimize up-time, productivity, waste and quality.
• Assist when possible in keeping gluers running at optimum speeds,
including stacking off product as deemed necessary by situation or
• Assists crew members with make-ready activities to include:
change plates, dr. blades, ink etc.
• Completes preventative and routine maintenance on splicer unit to
include: oiling, greasing and cleaning.
• Records preventative maintenance activities into SAP.
Shift start: 7:00AM or 7:00PM
Shift length: 12 hours
3-2-2-3 Schedule. Swap from days to nights every 28 days.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Records preventative maintenance activities into SAP. Assist crew
members with make-ready activities to include: change plates, dr.
blades, ink etc. Troubleshoot web tension, web alignment and
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Graphic Packaging International
Graphic Packaging International is committed to providing
consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered
in Atlanta, Georgia, they are a leading global provider of
paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for
food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies.
They strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in their
industry and in the communities where they operate. Graphic
Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than
60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific
Rim. They are committed to workplace diversity and offer
compensation and benefits programs that are among the best in the
industry to reward the talented people who make their company
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, Macon , Press Technician, Other , Perry, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!