Licensed Practical Nurse, Infectious Disease
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Licensed Practical Nurse, Infectious Disease, performs duties
concerned with developing and managing an infectious disease
control program to prevent, identify and control infectious
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduation from a nursing program approved by the State Board
of Nurse Examiners. One year of specialized training/continued
education courses in infection control preferred
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) or more years infection control preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical
- Licensing as a Vocational Nurse valid in the state.
- Must hold current CPR certification.
- Develop and implement effective systems for identification,
prevention and control of communicable diseases.
- Monitor incidence of infectious and communicable diseases among
patients, including venereal disease, HIV, AIDS, TB and
- Monitor compliance with BOP guidelines, OSHA regulations and
requirements pertaining to health care including blood borne
- Promote a safe and healthy environment for the medical
- Direct and conduct monthly safety and sanitation inspections of
the facility, including food preparation and dining areas, laundry,
housing, bathrooms and health services.
- Ensure that referrals are provided for community follow-up and
coordination of care after patients with infectious diseases are
released from the facility.
- Confer with the Health Services Administrator to develop and
conduct infection control education and training programs for
patients and staff, including symptoms, transmission and
- Promote the development of positive social skills through
modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate
behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of patients and property; adhere to
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Macon , Licensed Practical Nurse, Infectious Disease, Other , Wrightsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!