Sr. Staff Assistant
Company: Oglethorpe Power
Posted on: November 18, 2021
This is a part-time position. Responsible for performing a
variety of administrative, financial and clerical duties in support
of facility operations. Supports account payable, receiving and
accrual reporting for facility. Maintains a responsive relationship
with the day-today activities of plant management, and site
personnel in areas as answering phones, assisting with security
access and contractor safety orientations. Efficiently perform
routine and special assignments with minimum guidance including
interfacing with internal departments and external
vendors/suppliers and use of various software tools such as
Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Maximo, and
SharePoint. Responsible for administratively supporting facility
team and corporate support staff as required (such as maintenance
planner, technical service engineers, supply chain, etc...) in
providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in
compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory
electric reliability standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all
applicable governmental regulations. Job Duties:
- Manage and monitor accounts payable functions including invoice
audits and matching for payments, adding vendors and vendor
maintenance. Maintain VISA account reconciliation. Assist in budget
preparation and maintain chart of accounts.
- Perform administrative duties for remote site including all
outside correspondence, scheduling of conference rooms, plant
tours, meetings, lunches, and supplies. Maintain plant files (such
as Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory Files), Business
Continuity Disaster and Recovery Plan, emergency contact binder,
required off-site records storage, and plant training and test
material. Coordinate annual plant physicals, first aid, CPR, and
defensive driving training. Support processing workers compensation
claims and incident reports, physician contact, corporate interface
and reporting. Maintain forms and physicians panel for plant and
required legal postings (state, federal, OSHA). Assist remote site
associates with paperwork on expense reporting, direct deposits,
health and dental benefits, and other leaves of absence.
- Answers multi-line telephone, takes messages, routes call
slips, and provides required internal and interdepartmental
information requested. Interfaces with various corporate
departments to develop processes required to process personnel and
payroll forms and expense reports and other report
- Input and maintain data, and retrieve information using word
processing, electronic spreadsheet, and database programs;
researches and compiles information for data analysis. This
includes using Maximo, SharePoint and VAULT applications. Supports
the activities of the plant through the utilization of the
maintenance management system, such as scanning evidentiary
documents for Regulatory Work Order in Maximo.
- Performs various budget and accounting activities including
creation and maintenance of various spread sheets purchasing and
expenditures on purchase orders and blanket purchasing orders,
contracts and man-hour reports and periodic accrual reporting.
- Supports the activities of the warehouse by assisting in
inventory control and documentation, may require fitting into
confined spaces and lifting at least 20 lbs. overhead.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and corporate forms in
sufficient quantities to support staff, associates, and contractor
needs; provides photocopies of O&M manuals, drawings, and plant
specific documentation to the training contractor in support of the
operation and maintenance training program.
- Performs all other work related duties as assigned. Required
Qualifications: Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Five (5) years of clerical experience of which three
(3) years were at administrative level supporting multiple people
or facility. Equivalent Experience: Associate degree or equivalent
certifications with three (3) years of clerical experience included
responsibilities in purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting,
database applications, and/or electronic spreadsheets. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform administrative and clerical work using independent
judgment and knowledge of office policies, procedures complete
assigned tasks. Interpret and apply procedures in handling unusual
situations and problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills using the English
language; ability to type (sixty) 60 WPM
- Experienced in personal computer word processing, electronic
spreadsheets, graphics, and database applications.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules simultaneously.
- Knowledge and skill in interpretation of business policies,
- Decision making capabilities.
- Able to handle confidential and proprietary correspondence
- Knowledge and skills in composing letters, correspondence,
- Knowledge of filing procedures and electronic filing system
- Knowledge of budgeting, and reporting, cost tracking and
analysis, account payable procedures. Licenses, Certifications
and/or Registrations: Valid driver---s license which meets the
insurance eligibility requirements under Oglethorpe Power---s
drivers Qualification Program. Status: Part-time.
Keywords: Oglethorpe Power, Macon , Sr. Staff Assistant, Other , Forsyth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!