Systems Engineer, Tech 2
Company: Responsive Technology Partners Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Responsive Technology Partners has been providing world class
customer service and technical support for customers throughout the
Southeast since 1994. We were recognized in 2020 as one of the
fastest growing companies in America by Fortune Magazine and are
expanding our team.Job SummaryThe ideal candidate will have a
thirst for knowledge and growth, a passion for solving problems and
helping others and embody our core values of excellence, integrity,
innovation and a servant's heart.As a Tier 2 Support Technician,
you will be responsible for supporting inbound tickets and phone
calls to clients and triage needs to higher level engineers as
required. This role will provide Tier 2 level support, including
level 1 escalations for workstations, servers, virtualization,
printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Support Technicians will be required to provide after hour support
on a rotating shift.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls, respond to tickets/alerts as well as handle
escalated issues in a timely fashion.
- Advanced technical support at the network level: LAN/WAN
connectivity, routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless.
- Advanced remote access solution implementation and support: VPN
and Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and
notifications, and respond accordingly through service
- Maintain internal and/or client-facing documentation as changes
or knowledge is found.
- Detailed communication with customer and vendors as required to
keep all parties informed of issues, progress, changes, and
- Support of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Work closely with team members, Field Engineers and Project
Engineers when needed or called on for assistance.Additional Duties
- Improve customer service with the ability to seek opportunities
to increase client satisfaction and deepen client
- Fast and timely turn around on all customer requests and
- Ability to work in a fast pace team environment.
- Communication to our clients, vendors, and internally via
phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Escalating requests to appropriate higher-level team members or
departments when needed.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs in our
- Ability to work independently with locating information to
assist a customer/vendor.
- Enter all communication and work inside a service ticket.
- Ability to assist and or train other team members when
assistance is needed.
- Part of an On-Call Rotation for After Hours
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College level courses in IT and/or certification
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP/MCSA,
Cisco CCNA, or CompTIA Network + or possessing the drive to achieve
professional IT certifications applicable to the services and
solutions provided by Responsive Technology Partners.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar role.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business
applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Advanced diagnostic skills of technical issues.
- N-Central RMM /AutoTask PSA experience strongly desired.
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active
listening, and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for
which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology
is used to provide IT services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving
environment.Job Type: Full-timeExperience:
- Experience with managing Microsoft Windows Server, Windows
desktops, Active Directory, and SQL (2 years)
- Prior use of RMM and CRM software for managing IT customers (2
- Solarwinds N-Central RMM & AutoTask PSA and/or ConnectWise
experience strongly desired (2 years).
- Experience with supporting business applications, such as
Office 365 and other line-of-business software solutions (3
- Microsoft Azure infrastructure design, implementation and
support (2 years)
- Advanced network setup and troubleshooting expertise, with
business-class firewalls and switches (2 years)
- Excel at problem-solving and isolating root cause of
- Experience with Linux is a plusSalary:Salary dependent upon
related work experience and certification(s).
Keywords: Responsive Technology Partners Inc, Macon , Systems Engineer, Tech 2, Other , Milledgeville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!