Inside Sales Associate-Tools
Company: Gresco Utility Supply
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to join a
hardworking, passionate, and dedicated team? If so, a career at our
company might be the right path for you.
We offer many fulfilling opportunities for professionals who share
our values and customer-focused philosophy. Our team works
diligently every day to deliver superior service and expertise to
the hundreds of companies we serve in the Southeast. A career at
our company empowers and rewards both you and the customers who
count on you to grow their businesses.
Our company at a glance: Privately owned, headquartered in the
Southeastern U.S., in business for more than 60 years, and
empowering 100+ customers in the U.S.
Some of our benefits include: Medical and dental insurance, Life
and disability Insurance, Retirement plans (401K and Pension
Plans), Educational assistance, and Paid Time Off.
*Job Title: *Inside Sales Assistant-Tools
*Travel Required: *Some
*Position Type: *Full-Time
*Reports To: *Sales Manager
*Reporting Jobs: *None
*Contacts Inside: *Accounting department (billing and/or pricing
discrepancies). Warehouse personnel (quantity discrepancy, purchase
order problems, receiving problems. Purchasing Department.
Projects/Training Assistant (spreadsheets, inventory updates,
consign stock reports)
*Contacts Outside: *Vendor representatives (with prices,
deliveries, specifications, new products). Customers: securing new
orders, helping with problems or complaints-billing, delivery or
backorders. Contacts made in person, by phone, internet access
(e-mail) and fax.
*Role and Responsibilities*
* Promote and sell Gresco Inventory, represented product lines, and
* Communicate with customers to determine current and future
* Build relationships with all customer representatives that will
promote the company philosophy and create trust.
* Provide market feedback to outside sales and the District
* Pursue opportunities to increase sales and gross margins.
* Promote and sell new products.
* Assist all departments as needed.
* Assist with any and all office operations and functions as
* Attend training schools as required to further develop skills and
* Enter customer orders.
* Responsible for quoting RFQs.
* Contract set-up (part numbers, initial orders and stocking
* Review pricing increases for contract items - assist Account
Manager on getting contract prices updated.
* Review open order reports.
* Handle material shipping discrepancies.
* Help expedite open past due orders & backorders with
* Keep track of account status and help assist in resolving any
past due invoice issues.
* Responsible for escalating any complex issues to appropriate
Account Manager for resolution.
*NATURE AND SCOPE*
Thorough product and pricing knowledge necessary for providing
quotes and blanket bids to customers. Energetic personality,
ability to work with all people whether outside the organization or
within. Dedicated to the company and can make decisions. Ability to
handle multiple projects at one time is required. Ability to
recognize mistakes, correct them and learn from them.
*REQUIRED EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE*
* High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of college
* 1-2 years of sales or customer service experience
* Strong math skills and effective communication skills
* Must be able to write legibly as well as read and comprehend
material and display effective written and oral communication
skills for meetings with vendors, customers, management, or
* Must be able to perform spreadsheet operations and create Word
documents on a computer utilizing Microsoft applications, including
Outlook, and various other computer and Internet-related
* Must have proficient typing skills
* Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
* B.S. in business
* 5 years of general business experience with 3 years sales
Normal office conditions. Moderate to high levels of stress due to
deadlines and last-minute calls. High level of accuracy required.
Occasional outside travel as a Gresco representative. Working hours
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with one hour for
lunch. May be subject to being on call for the department as
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Forsyth, GA 31029: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Gresco Utility Supply, Macon , Inside Sales Associate-Tools, Other , Forsyth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!