Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Amwaste LLC
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Amwaste of GA has immediate openings for heavy equipment
operators. - Company benefits include BCBS insurance, 401K program,
and other voluntary insurance options. -POSITION SUMMARY: The
Operator - Heavy Equipment is responsible for the safe operation of
heavy equipment at a recycling center, landfill or transfer station
for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading
and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure the maintenance and safety
of the equipment. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may
include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, rock truck, front-end
loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more
complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as
necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of verifiable prior related experience in heavy
equipment operation not required but is preferred.
- Experience working at sites regulated by OSHA or a state
environmental agency is preferred.
Keywords: Amwaste LLC, Macon , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Barnesville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!