Dura-Line LLC Lead Operator in Tennille, GA
Posted on: January 22, 2023
At Dura-Line, we aspire to create a more connected world,
because we believe every company, every community, every person
deserves the chance to advance their lives through better access to
high-speed broadband. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality
products and being recognized a key partner with all of the major
telecommunications companies across the world. In one year,
Dura-Line produced over 1.4 billion feet of digital network
infrastructure. Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every time you
pick up your cell phone, log into the internet, or use your
i-anything, it's because our HDPE pathways protect that delicate
string of glass called a fiber optic cable that carries everything
from precious pictures of your puppy to the latest sports scores.
Your safety, health, family, work, entertainmentyour whole life;
that's our connection.
LOCATION: Tennille, GA
WORK SCHEDULE: 2-3-2 Rotating Days Off (Every other Friday,
Saturday, Sunday off)
SHIFT: C-Shift (Nights)
HOURS: 7PM - 7AM
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Lead Downstream Operator will lead the extrusion downstream
workforce to create and maintain a safe working environment and a
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for downstream operations in the following areas:
- Safety (personal & equipment) / housekeeping
- Training of personnel
- Equipment operations (set-up, production goals and quality
- Reporting of personnel issues, non-conforming products,
equipment issues, safety concerns, and any other issues to shift
- Operate reeler (both manual and auto mode).
- Ensure that all equipment is operated and maintained
- Oversee and monitor the overall operation of all downstream
equipment to ensure safe and efficient working conditions.
- Communicate with the previous shift and following shift
downstream leads on problems, work schedules and housekeeping.
- Ensure that any product produced meets quality
- Support activities and tasks required for efficient changeovers
on the lines.
- Assist with troubleshooting problems on production lines.
- Monitor production, quality, and process control
- Maintain effective employee relations and positive working
relationships with personnel in all areas of the extrusion
- Complete downstream personnel training documentation.
- Abide by and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Direct downstream personnel accordingly to meet production
- Assist other operators in cutting conduit, tie-offs, and reel
- Ensure that the extrusion staging area is maintained in an
- Ensure that all product is packaged and finished per quality
- Perform other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.EXPERIENCE
AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Downstream Operator experience required, with leadership
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Excellent language skills.OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to write, present and explain reports and work
instructions pertaining to all phases of the downstream
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without assistance.
- Ability to hear equipment, visually check for defects in
product and sense temperature changes in the finished product.
- Ability to move from one area to another, stoop, reach and
- Ability to successfully complete a forklift operations
- Must be available to work a 12 hour, rotating shift
- Good mechanical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask
- Computer proficiencyWORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manufacturing plant environment with plastics extrusion
Join Our Team:Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work
environment and provides career opportunities in a continuously
growing company. We are committed to attracting, developing, and
retaining a diverse workforce that represents our global customer
base. Check out our products, history, and testimonials
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known asOrbia, bound
together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world.
Orbia's business groups have a collective focus on insuring food
security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities
and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and
expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials.
The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and
Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications,
which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global
Tennille, GA, US, 31089
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Nearest Major Market: Macon
Keywords: Dura-Line, Macon , Dura-Line LLC Lead Operator in Tennille, GA, Other , Wrightsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!