Med Tech - Microbiology
Company: Global Pharmatek
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Job Title: Medical Technologist - Microbiology
Duration: Direct Hire- Fulltime
Location: Macon, GA 31201
Shift: Evening (7PM 7AM)
- *Must have Microbiology experience*
- Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing
clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of
- Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the
performance of assigned technical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and
policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment
and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming
- Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials
for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce
- Assists with review and revision of procedures and
documentation related to accreditation, adhering to all regulatory
requirements for various authorities, including but not limited to
CAP, TJC, OSHA.
- Maintains clear, real-time communications shift-to-shift and
with leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which may
affect patient care or the operation of the department.
- Participates in planning and implementing change through
participation in staff meetings, task forces or projects.
- Participates in competency assessment program, where
- Physical Requirements Works in a fast-paced clinical
- Works in an area which contains biohazardous (infectious)
materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical
- Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping,
bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound)
- Bachelor s degree required, MT, MLS or equivalent registry
- Minimum of 2 years; Microbiology experience (please make sure
this is shown on the resume)
- ASCP or AMT (must be MT or MLS; MLTs will not be
Keywords: Global Pharmatek, Macon , Med Tech - Microbiology, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...