Posted on: November 17, 2023
13WMAZ is looking for a Multi-Platform Producer to help redefine
the way local news is covered. We're looking for self-starting
journalists who are eager to discover the next big story. Ideally,
this candidate would have great people skills and the ability to
develop great sources and contacts. They possess social media
skills and know how to mine social data to find and develop
- Use social media mining tools (Crowd Tangle, Tweet Deck,
Facebook) to discover unique content.
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering
- Research stories for facts and credibility.
- Enterprise and develop news stories.
- Respond to viewer phone calls and emails.
- Organize press releases and maintain relationships with public
- Use consumer analytics in determining on-air content.
- Coordinate crews and breaking stories simultaneously.
- Shoot, edit and write news stories for all platforms (on-air,
online, social media) when needed.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Organizational skills and ability to work independently and
multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound
presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus Travel:
Rarely: less than 10% Work Environment Set: Office: normally
performed in a typical interior/office environment Physical Demands
Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking,
lifting, bending, standing, etc. About TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE:
TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good
of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering
stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative
marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S.
markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in
the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching
approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide.
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and
Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions
to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and
over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT
advertising service. For more information, visit .
EEO statement: TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We
are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We
encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status,
personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational
school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic
information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to
accommodations. Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Keywords: WMAZ, Macon , Multiplatform Producer, Other , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!