District Fleet Manager
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within
the assigned area, in alignment with corporate objectives. Span of
Control: 1 - 2 locations and /or 5 to 50 assets.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability
through effective management of all fleet and maintenance
activities within the assigned area, including cost control,
employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate
guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics
are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's
Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed
programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance
shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting,
coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic
driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships
among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees,
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited), or in lieu of
degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) or High School
Equivalency and three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience as well
as experience in a supervisory role (in addition to education
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Macon , District Fleet Manager, Professions , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!