Site Electrical Engineer
Company: J.D. IRVING
Posted on: April 17, 2019
SITE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our
people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown
to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household
paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private
label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins.
Consumers know us by our Scotties-- Facial Brand. Our manufacturing
facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario,
Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.The Site Electrical
Engineer will be responsible for the overall power distribution of
the plant. The person will have an initial accountability to manage
construction, costs, checkout and commissioning of all power
distribution at a greenfield site. The successful candidate will
have a passion for continuous improvement, a creative mind, and a
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct themselves in
a professional, respectful and ethical manner at all times, carry
out all job responsibilities in accordance with site safety rules
and expectations, actively participate in the innovation and
improvement of the site and company, and "find a better way every
- Oversee the design, specification, and installation of all
electrical equipment; including transformers, switch gear, MCC's,
Motors and controls.
- Be the subject matter expert for power distribution
- Oversees the electrical infrastructure of the plant and
provides input to the maintenance team to maintain the electrical
- Assisting with the continuous improvement of existing and new
- Working with the maintenance and operations teams to determine
the specifications for new equipment and plant upgrades.
- Oversee the design, specification, and installation of
mechanical equipment; including conveyors, pumps, and processing
- Providing direction/input in the tender, analysis and award of
engineering and construction contracts.
- Monitoring project activities including cost and schedule
within assigned area and providing timely updates to
- Coordinating, scheduling and supervising the installation of
- Providing field support during project construction and
- Ownership of electrical savings opportunities from idea tol
- The main plant contact for the local electrical power
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Associate's
Degree in Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience with building automation, energy control systems,
commissioning and energy savings calculations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Knowledge of Energy Management Program Development
- PLC and Instrumentation experience preferred
What We Offer:
Including health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance,
401k match, vacation, tuition & wellness reimbursement, and
There are plentiful opportunities to promote to higher level
positions in our organization. If you are someone who believes you
can achieve great things for yourself and our Company, then you are
the person we want on our team!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. Posting will remain open until the position is
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products, Inc., is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: J.D. IRVING, Macon , Site Electrical Engineer, Professions , Macon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!